This article will describe how to get started with Quickorder dine in
Table of contents
2. Prepare a menu for your guests
You need to have Guest apps enabled with at least one venue active. If you are not sure whether you have this, please refer to
2. Prepare a menu for your guests
In the Backoffice go to Menu
You can have multiple menus depending on how you run your restaurant. The recommendation from us is to create a separate menu card for your guests so separate the POS menu card and the menu card you show to guests. Do the following:
- Create a menu card for your POS
- Copy this menu card by clicking the three dots at the end and choose 'Copy'
A message will show to inform you that you are about to create a copy of the POS menu card with 'referenced' products. This means that if you update a product in one menu that product will also be updated in the other menu.
Once you have your new menu
- Remove the products that you do not want to show to guests. Examples could be special discounted items for employees etc.
Once you have a satisfactory menu you can move on to the next steps below.
3. Enabling dine in
Step 1: Venue level
In the Backoffice, go to Settings - Venues. Click on the Menu card button for the venues where you would like this option to be used.
Step 2: Menu level
In the Backoffice, go to Menu and click the Menu card button for all the menus that you would like to be displayed in the dine in
Step 3: Set up ordering hours
Edit the menu card you have enabled dine in for
There is a tab called 'Dine in'. Here you can set up ordering hours from when guests can order from the app.
Note: A day starts from 05:00 in the morning to next day at 05:00
When you have updated the ordering hours click 'save' in the top of the screen
Tip: You can control what menu cards are available at different times. Example if you have a lunch and dinner menu, set the ordering hours accordingly.
Step 4: Link to Smiley reports (DK restaurants only)
Danish law require you to link to Smiley reports in your app.
- On the venue page there is a field where you can paste the smiley report URL. Go to
- Go to https://www.findsmiley.dk
- search for you restaurant
- paste the URL to the reports in the field on the page
Step 5: Open tab or pay now?
To decide if the guest must pay up front or you allow an open tab do the following
Go to Tables & areas and for each area you have you can decide which option to choose
Tip: As you can see you can have different settings depending on the area. Example: You can have pay up front for outside guests and open tab inside
Please check: Your tables must have unique table numbers. Guests will enter a table number and if table 3 exists more than once it will not work.
Step 6: Get the QR code for marketingmateriale
Go to Settings - Guest app
- Here you can see and download a unique QR code you can use for marketing materiale like.
- Webpage, flyers, posters etc.
- If you use dine-in then you can have tabletalkers with your QR code to make it easy for the guests to access the guest app
- Please contact us. we have templates and experience with this and we will gladly help you. (Click the Support button in the bottom of your menu to see contact information)
Step 7: Check the app to see if everything is correct
Go to Settings - Guest app - Preview app
You should see a button called 'dine in'
Click the button and browse through the menu(s) to check that everything looks fine.
4. How the guests will use it
Guests can order their own food. depending on your setting on area they guest must pay before they order (pay now) or they can order multiple times and pay in the end (open tab)
- The guest scans the QR code and selects Dine in
- The guest sees your restaurant's menu and starts ordering
- An info icon in the top right shows the Smiley reports for DK restaurants
- For 'pay now' they are taken through the payment flow before ordering
- for 'dine in' we check if there are multiple people at the table (group order), to ensure that everyone at the table has ordered before printing the kitchen receipt.
- The last person at the table who ordered will send the notification to print the kitchen receipt for you to prepare the orders